Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

Back after a long break! Been working alot of long hours and haven't really had a chance to paint at all, plus I think with having so many different armies you kinda don't know which way to go sometimes. Well since I started Lizardmen I decided I would paint what I have first before I keep buying another piece or at the very least paint a unit or something before buying something else. ( Troops after Troops can be boring best to throw in the odd war machine or monster).
      The first kit I bought was the stegadon plastic kit. This and the Oldblood plastic hero are what made me want to start this army so what better way to start. Decided to go with just the special option for him as I wanted to have it were its almost always a must take at all size games. Since building it that way it meant I got a Skink Priest and Skink Chieftain extra. So before  I took a crack at the big guy I put the the 2 heroes together and figured it would be best to figure out how i'm going to paint this army.
     I decided to use Army painter primer as the basis for each unit, starting with the crystal blue primer for skinks and going to the next darker blue for saurus and the next dark for kroxigors. Don't have any works in progress pics just finished but here is the chieftain:







He was a quick paint after using the primer, enchanted blue for scales , bronze for any metal and catachen green for the shield, using the dip technique as well, soft tone. Using the jungle tuft from Army paint and a darker green flock from gale force nine. A little unsure about the dark green but kind of committed to it now.
     So after finishing him I decided to put the priest on the side and work on the steg. Using the same blue for crew , I sprayed the Dino army green and the stage pieces fur brown. Crew was first and easy as theres not much to them. The stage pieces really slowed me down. Alot of little ropes and then painting the stones a mosaic type way got tedious after a bit. The steg himself was a much easier job just alot of ground to cover. But here is the finshed pics:





Well thats all for now, next up is the Battalion so 12 skinks with blowpipe and the priest. Hopefully the next post will not be as long a wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment